To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Friday, January 13, 2006
On that day:

And other stuff

As you may know I am a returning college student. (I have one previous semester 15 years ago before I dropped out because partying was way too important.) One of my classes last fall, Western Civ I was a great way for me to restart my college career. I have always been fond of history and had a great time in that class. (So much fun in fact that I signed up for Western Civ II with the same instructor.)

Well... in Western Civ I we spent some time reading about and discussing the Christian crusades 1-7. Consequently I have recently watched a lot of tv about the crusades.
('cause I love history documentaries and epic battle movies and had recently learned about them.)... And in all the reading, discussing and watching I have done about The Christian crusades I find it very telling that the Muslims were always referred to as the infidels...

For those of you who believe this war is about the Palestinians or oppression or poverty
or racism or American imperialism or some grand cabal to get oil, it's not.

It's about a group of people hijacking a religion and inspiring religious zealotry for the purpose of regaining control of lost territory, re-imposing strict religious control over those territories, spreading their sect through conversion by sword,
misogyny, gaining wealth and amassing power. Their spokesmen have said as much numerous times, and in every one of their statements you and I are referred to as infidel...

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Dr. D said...

Just be sure when the music stops...ah yes, the game ...ah the game...great blog you have goin' loved the comments.

http://programit.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home