To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
On that day:

Random Photo for Jan 31, 2006- Honeymoon

I've been interested in blogging with Hubby, but felt just a little overwhelmed by choosing a subject out of the plethora swimming around in my head. Then last night Hubby had a simply brilliant idea- he suggested that I pick a random photo each day and blog about it. So here goes...
My first random photo happens to reflect one of my favorite times with Hubby. This shot was taken on a beach in Hawaii, Hubby had never seen the ocean before and was fascinated by it. I took this picture of him to remember how he stood there at the water's edge and giggled each time a wave came up. It was so cute! (Hubby's gonna make me pay for that remark!)
I have posted several other honeymoon photos for anyone who is curious. Thinking of other photos brought up so many memories of our honeymoon. Like how I locked the keys in our rental car and we had to wait at the entrance of Pearl Harbor for a taxi to bring us another set. Or snorkeling. Hubby loved it so much, he pulled off at practically every place he could so we could snorkel. There was one spot in particular that I will never forget- it must have been a favorite of the locals because the fish were VERY friendly, to the point that it actually scared me! Here we are, just minding our own business, enjoying the underwater sites when I'm suddenly accosted by hundreds of fish. I would swim away and they would follow me. After some time they even started bumping me with their mouths. I was done. No more snorkeling that day. Unh-uh, no way. Oh! Here's a good one; I was smart enough to wear a t-shirt when snorkeling to prevent getting sunburned- or so I thought. Who would've thought I needed to cover my ass as well? Yeah, well, if you ever go snorkeling I recommend you slather your rear with sunblock. My ass was lobster red. Hubby went out onto Waikiki beach at 11 at night to try find me some thong undies since nothing else would do- and he succeeded! That's my guy. The memory that I most remember though is just laying there in Hubby's arms, listening to the rhythmic crash of the waves and relishing the feeling that life was good. We were finally married and all was well. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jer said...

Boy was I fat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home