Pappy
Seven years ago today, my father passed away. It was quite a shock. Though he was a heavy drinker and partier, I never thought he would be gone at such a young age (46). That's one of the things that keeps me sober. This year, I didn't remember the date was coming up and was reminded by my mom. Don't know if that is a good thing or not.![]() When I had my first child, I had often wondered what dad would have been called. After running a couple names through my head, I figured he would like something like pappy. He was an incredibly fun person to be around and I thought it was a fun kinda name. So that is what I tell my boys, I call him Pappy. Unbeknownst to me my sister the muse had also chosen that name. Coincidence? I like to think not.By the way, he's in section 13 and he's got a good ding on the bottom of his stone. I think he would have thought that funny too. |





1 Comments:
Pretty damn cool, jer! Thanks for posting about Dad.
Love you!
Jennifer
Post a Comment
<< Home