AAUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!
| Whoa. Terribly overwhelmed right now by all my work duties. I have just taken over management of inventory at the hospital. Inventory, in and of itself, would not be all bad. However, the way the hospital is set up, the inventory has to be kept in several separate places and it has not had any rhyme or reason to it in the past. Counting inventory required checking the whole hospital- not fun. Since I started there, we've gone through 7 Inventory Managers b/c it's so stressful. So, the challenge (and I LOVE challenges, darnit!) is to reorganize and revamp the whole system. I have already come up with a new system and started the process of implementing it, but the entire hospital still has to be completely reorganized before it can really be put to use. So, the next several weeks are going to be hellish, but once done, inventory should be no problem. I do have to admit, though, that I do truly enjoy organizing so this is a fitting responsibility. The thing I hate most about being this stressed is that I am so tightly wound by the time I get home from work at 6 pm. Add to that the whining and arguing of a toddler learning to talk and a preschooler who has just given up naps and you have a recipe for disaster. Luckily I have a husband who not only helps with all the housework, but steps in with the kids and also reminds me that we will get through it. We've gotten through much worse together, this is trivial. So, life goes on, I try to sit back, breathe deep and enjoy my children. That's what life is truly about anyway. Phew. I feel much better since venting. Thanks for listening! |


1 Comments:
Hang in there, Carla! You will do a great job of revamping the inventory system, and we will all be proud of you when its finally done!
Post a Comment
<< Home