To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Thursday, April 13, 2006
On that day:

Dream

Had a very long crazy, crazy dream the other night. It was crazy even by my standards and I have the weirdest dreams of anyone I know. I won't bore you with all the details- they would take virtually forever to put into words. But there was a point in my dream where I was searching for a street, but had no clue where it was located. It was a life or death matter that I find this street. As I was trying to find it, I felt as though I was walking through molasses; I was moving my legs, but not gaining any ground. I felt frustrated, scared, frustrated, ineffectual and frustrated.

I know there are all kinds of books out there claiming to define dreams, but I prescribe to a different theory. My belief is that I process issues in my life through my dreams. Most of the time, when I think back on how I felt in a dream, it correlates to how I'm feeling in an area of my life.

So, am I feeling frustrated, scared and ineffectual in my life right now? Let's see....
-The to-do box on my desk at work just keeps piling higher and higher. I look at it and feel completely overwhelmed. If only there were more hours in a day...
-My house is a mess and I'm too busy to do anything about it. Sometimes it leaves me feeling like I can't breathe. If only I had the energy of a three year old...
-Finances are scary. When I think of the fact that I'm putting my husband through school for four years, and have the expenses of two little loved ones to worry about, I definitely panic. If only money grew on trees...

Apparently my dream is rather relevant to my life right now. In my dream, I just kept trying harder to walk the same ineffectual way, obviously not getting results. Perhaps my mind is telling me that I need to look at my life from a different perspective, tackle things that frustrate me by trying new things. I think I'll give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home