To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006
On that day:

Poopin' In The woods

Not!

Went camping last weekend for the first time in two years and it was a blast! There is not much that can compare to being in the hills with your kids. Everything is a wonder all over again.

2006-05-26 Camping 12

I had prepared our eldest for the fact that he would have to poop in the woods, and we talked about how it was done. This was his second trip camping but first without diapers, so I thought I would prepare him. Later he told Mom all about how he was going to use a rock and how he was going to dig a hole and the fact that you needed the "camp shovel" to bury it all when you are done. I had high hopes. Well... When he thought he was ready we headed out with the camp shovel, only to turn back a few steps later. That was the end of poopin' in the woods. I never talked about using a rock by the way, I'm a big fan of the tree.


Oh the stories this firepit could tell. It didn't start this big, it has grown substantially over the 23 years my family has owned the land. It's huge. That's an eight foot doctors examining table two feet from the far side and a fairly large fire burning in the front.

Swayin' in the breeze

The big haul.

Mom and the kids took off with shovels in hand to go do some excavating and came back with this armful. One of my favorite pastimes here when I was a kid was hunting for bones, looks like I'll be doing more of it. I can't wait to go dig up the area where a bear killed two dogs when I was a kid.

Three days worth of camping grime on that face.

I don't want my picture taken!

After a couple of nights and three days of camping fun, he was ready to come home. As we were loading up, he wanted to get his blanket out of the car, Mom told him he could get in the car with it, but he couldn't take it out. To which he replied, "yeah, because we might lose it and that would be disastrous wouldn't it mommy?"

Here's a few more photos to check out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home