To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Sunday, June 18, 2006
On that day:

Happy Father's Day To Me

Pirate Dad 2006
Arggggg!


This picture was staged in no way. Only after we saw it did we notice the pirate bag, my swashbuckling facial expressions, earrings and bandana. Pretty funny, eh?

The pirate bag was filled with gifts and a card decorated by our eldest, but there was supposed to be something else. A special gift that he had picked out all by himself while shopping my wife. Mom had looked down and he had had the special gift in hand. She asked him what it was and he said a special gift for his dad. She had no idea where he had found it, he had picked it up somewhere along the way to give to me. She agreed that it was appropriate so they brought it home with them.

Well, it did not make it in the bag and he noticed right away. He dashed inside to get it and came back out exclaiming "We got a special gift for you dad!" He ran up to me and handed me my special gift, a trophy that says "World's Greatest Dad 2006". I couldn't help but give him a great big hug. He was absolutely sincere, to him I was the greatest dad in the World. I know every dad has one, my dad did, My grandfather even had a World's best grandpa statue proudly displayed near his microwave. Now I understand why that statue was around for years, when he ran up to me and gave me my Special Gift it was magical. I'll cherish that trophy more than any other trophy I have ever received.

Worlds Greatest Dad 2006
Look out 'cause, I'm gunnen for World's Greatest Dad 2007!


Here are a few more pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home