The Owies Have Found US
As my friend, PlanetJules said, "the Sickies have found" her, so the Owies have found us. In the last two days, we've had as many owies as we've ever had. For having two little ones around, we've been extremely lucky. Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that HL is incredibly cautious than luck- but I digress.Two days ago we went to gather some stones for our landscape. I thought enough about it to put socks and tennis shoes on myself, but never dreamed that my children would be lifting heavy rocks themselves. I soon learned that it's best to always err on the side of caution- HL lifted a heavy, jagged rock and proceeded to drop it on his big toe. OW. Capital O, capital W. He's fine now. Maybe even a little excited that his toenail might fall off and he'll get a "grown-up toenail" in its place. Then today, AW was excited to see his cousins and took off running down the sidewalk. All of a sudden he was on his face, on the concrete. Again, OW. But again, he is fine. Owie? What owie? He's forgetten all about it. ![]() ![]() Had a terrible time getting a shot of HL's toe. This is a self portrait by HL of not only his toe, but also his Spiderman boxers. |




1 Comments:
Oh, poor guys! Although, it seems like maybe I should save my sympathy for kids who actually know they are injured! What tough little ones....
By the way, I think you may have a budding photographer on your hands.
Post a Comment
<< Home