To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006
On that day:

Case of the Red White and blues

It may not look like it but I was suffering the
Red, White and Blues. via LGF
(click the link if you have not heard about this AFP report)


We went to the Parade for the Fourth this year, and just like last year both the boys loved it. And just like last year every time a veterans or military group passed by I got choked up. Tears welled in my eyes to think of those who have protected this country, giving all that was asked for so little in return. Each time one of those groups passed I yelled out thank you as loud as I could. Though everyone stood and cheered, I didn't hear any other thank you's until the last group was passing when one of the soldiers looked at me and said "thank you" back.

To those of you who serve in our military, are retired and the members of your families who sacrifice so much to protect me and my family:

Thank You.


Your country can never thank you enough.


Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For over 230 years, we owe so much to our men and women in uniform. Thanks for saying "Thank you" for me! I watched the parade on T.V., and I, too, get really choked up when I see the veterans and military groups. Maybe next year I'll join you, and we'll start a new, louder trend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home