To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Thursday, July 06, 2006
On that day:

Peace amidst Panic

I have another little secret to share with you all.... I am a worrywart. I know, it's a shocker. But you can believe it. And the other night, while laying in bed with HL, I experienced something which makes me worry- often when I lay down, my heart goes a little crazy. I know in my rational head that's it nothing, but my anxious side doesn't hear that.

So anyway, I was laying there with my eldest and thinking about how my heart is doing this more often and my anxiety got carried away. I started to worry that I may indeed have something wrong. And what if I were to die young? Panic.

But then, I felt a sense of peace come over me due to the fact that I have chosen to work less. I thought about laying on my death bed and knew that I would regret working overtime every week and missing time with my children. The thought came to me that, even though I am dirt broke right now, I am glad that I made the choice to work less days a week and be with my children as much as possible. I made the right decision.

That my children know I love them more than life itself is a peaceful thought. And how better to show them than to spend time with them?

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I agree with you that you have to make the most of every day. My fondest memories are the little things in life, not usually the kind of stuff you get when you are working... On the heart palp stuff, I get the same thing. My heart used to "skip a beat" and it has happened since I was a teen. I used to take a baby aspirin each day, but then I stopped drinking caffeine and cut down on processed stuff. What do you know! It doesn't really happen that much anymore...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home