The power of a three year old
| Ever questioned the power of a three year old? I think it is definitely underestimated sometimes. Case in point: At the mall the other evening, HL decides that we're superagents and stepping on cracks will set off booby traps. His little brother went for it and so did all three of us adults with him. Not overly surprising really, until I realized we all were so careful not to step on cracks for the entire length of the mall- whether HL was in sight or not! Even his 77 year old Grandpa was in on it. :) Now, HL can be a bit bossy (a challenge we're currently working on) and I know that sometimes it's just easier to give in than fight, but I think this goes much deeper. To me, it is almost like my permission to release my inner child and play. If I were to make that up myself, I would be labeled crazy- but since I was following a three year old's game, all of a sudden I'm just a fun-loving adult who's not afraid to play. Hmm... Guess a child's power stretches even further than I realized. They can actually influence how strangers see each other. Amazing. Label me "Happy to be under the power of a three year old"! |


1 Comments:
Why the hell do you think I taught preschool for four years?! I was totally in it because it kept me young, and it let me remember to see the world with the wonder of a child!
Post a Comment
<< Home