Gifts
| This morning, Hubby asked me if there was anything I wanted for an anniversary present. I wasn't sure at first. And after pondering the question, I have discovered that the things I wish for aren't even things, per se. Here's what I came up with: 1. A clean house (has anyone created a self-cleaning model yet?) 2. A romantic weekend getaway, just me and Hubby, in the mountains (it's been over 5 years- far too long!) 3. Tune-ups for our bikes so we can take rides together (especially now that HL can officially ride his bike!) 4. To take a class with Hubby, something that interests us both (such as woodworking, martial arts or photography) 5. More free time with my family I'm sure there's more, but you get the idea. I'm discovering that I'm at a point in my life where objects are losing their importance. I would much rather learn or experience than have, right now. And I'm finding that it feels pretty good to be free of wanting things.... |


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home