Hug
| HL was climbing on me this morning and, feeling irritable, I did not care for it. When I told him as much, he climbed up on me again. I took a deep breath before scolding him, and in that time he reached my neck and wrapped his arms around it, tight. "I just wanted to give you a hug, Mommy. I know how much you like them." I do. And that was just what I needed. It completely diffused all my irritation and brought a smile to my face. It's absolutely amazing to me the power my children have over me. Within minutes, they can ruin a perfectly good mood, take me to the depths of irritation, only to drag me right back out again and lead me to joy. They have the ability to make me totally question my parenting skills, and yet also leave me terribly proud in the same day. But the greatest power they have is to keep my love strong. No matter what they do, no matter where I am on the emotional scale, I love them- through and through. |


2 Comments:
For all of us with parents, but who aren't yet ourselves....that is good to know!
When you said he reached your neck and wrapped his arms around, TIGHT - I thought you were going to say how he tried to choke you!
Post a Comment
<< Home