Was she speaking directly to me?
| Her words, her sentiment in this post are so relevant to me and my life. I wonder, was she speaking directly to me? There is such solace in reading other's people blogs and learning that there are so many others who struggle with the same internal issues you do. I love this quote by Theodore Rubin she shares with us: "I must learn to love the fool in me—the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." And it's even more comforting to learn that one can grow to accept their inner fool and need only a reminder: "This is to remind myself of who I am when operating with all the world. To reiterate that I should continue to open up and experience, to trust and to love, without need or expectation of return (or even understanding)." Thank you, Yummy Teece, for sharing and inspiring! |


1 Comments:
Well said. Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment
<< Home