To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006
On that day:

Soft Pastels

This is the water putting out the fire. See?

The Boys' Uncle is a world renowned artist, so naturally at their cousins house The Boys have access to real art supplies. For instance last Friday they were out front using left over soft pastels (similar to chalk) on the driveway and sidewalk. They were outside for hours. Luke's drawings were mainly of Roman soldiers armed with swords, spears and knives with a few devils with horns and pitch forks thrown in for good measure. The Romans were protecting us from the terrors. When asked by My Aunt visiting from out of town if maybe they could draw some angels, Luke replied 'nope I don't know how to draw angels. I only know how to draw soldiers and devils.' By the time I walked out, My Aunt had drawn a flower. I saw one lonely flower surrounded by solders and terrors. Later in the day they burned it all down by drawing fire on the whole creation and finished off by drawing water on it to put out the fires. I didn't notice if the flower survived... I guess I need to teach My Sons how to draw some angels.

Nah. Go Romans!

The soft pastels offered a great selection of color. I thought to myself, wow, maybe I need to get The boys a set of soft pastels. That is until it was time to clean up, and I saw this.


You think that's bad you should see my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home