To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Saturday, November 25, 2006
On that day:

Let Us Give Thanks

Naturally, this time of year makes me take stock of things for which I'm thankful. And I find that my list is seemingly endless. I just keep adding and adding to it; my sons, my husband, family, generous and helpful parents/sister, friends, good in-laws, a roof over my head, nature's glorious beauty, computers to fight over, Starbucks' Green Tea Frappucino, freedom, nice preschool, hand-me-down clothes, brave and competent men in our military... the list goes on and on.

Then I realized something. I am thankful that I am thankful. Sounds strange, I know, but I mean it. I am so glad that I am not one of those bitter, unhappy souls who often have a wonderful life, but fail to see it. Or maybe they see it, but refuse to be grateful. I can not imagine going through life always feeling disappointed and angry. Why can't they focus on the good? Kind of sad, really.

Life is good. And I am thankful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home