Lovebug
| My eldest, HL, has really been the sweetest little lovebug lately. I was afraid that now that he's a self-proclaimed "big boy" that mommy would lose all her cuddle privileges. On the contrary, it seems to have created a need in him to do just that. It used to be that I would lay in bed with him at night and we would just lay next to each other, silent. But now? Now, he snuggles right up to me, rests his head on my shoulder, puts his arm around me. It's heaven. Pure heaven, I tell you. A couple nights ago, as he snuggled back into me, he said "Mommy, I just love you so much. I want to get soo close to you." Does it get any better than that? I think not. Tonight, he asked me to sing a lullaby then cuddled up to me with his head on my shoulder. My cheek then rested on the top of his head. The heat from his head warmed me to my very soul. The wife in me could not forget the things she had to accomplish yet tonight, but the mommy in me refused to move. I stayed there and relished my son's love and warmth until he finally rolled away in sleepful bliss. |


2 Comments:
Hi! I hope you don't mind I've been keeping up with your blog. It's awesome! See you next week at work for sure, if not sooner! I'm praying (and you know for what!) :o)
Are you kidding? I love that you check my blog! Happy to have you.... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home