To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Monday, November 20, 2006
On that day:

TV

As I mentioned earlier, HL is becoming proficient in using the computer, even to the point of opening and choosing the TV programs he wants to watch. Now, you have to understand that this is no easy task at our house. Our living room computer is our also our TV, meaning that one must choose the correct icon, then select "My TV" from a list of options, and choose either live or recorded TV. Once in recorded TV, one has to pinpoint which show to watch, then pick the actual episode as well. HL can do this. It was a complete surprise to both me and Hubby. AW told us one morning that he wanted to watch Backyardigans. I explained that I needed just a moment to get something done and left the room. When I returned a few minutes later, the boys were already watching a recorded Backyardigans show! Huh? How could that be?

I asked Hubby later if he had taught his son to do that, but he had not. Nope. Neither of us showed him how to do this. Apparently, he just figured it out himself from watching us do it!

Now, my first reaction was pride that my boy was so smart and able to do this himself. But then the fear set in- how incredibly careful must we be so that HL does not inadvertently pick up the wrong lessons in life? Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home