To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Saturday, November 11, 2006
On that day:

Under the Covers of Darkness

The other night, me and The Wife were watching a movie in the basement, when I heard the creaking of Our Eldest walking about upstairs. It was past bedtime so I went up to see why he was awake. He’s usually great about staying in bed and falling asleep, but that day, he had had a nap.

Our Eldest has sworn off naps for some time now and doesn't miss ‘em. Occasionally however, he lays himself down and takes a nap in the afternoon. Since he does it on his own, I usually let him; I figure he must need a nap, so why force the issue. On the days he has had a nap, he gets to stay up a little latter and that typically works fine. That night however, I had forgotten to mention the nap to The Wife before heading off to class. Our Eldest went to bed with His Brother. Or Rather he didn’t.

Well, anyway, I went up to see what he was up to. He wanted someone to lay down with him. Since we were watching a movie, I wasn’t inclined to accede to his wishes. I had to think of a plan. I knew that since he had a nap and went to bed early, he might be up for a while. He has also recently shown interest in reading and has taken to looking at books by himself. Hmmm, let’s try the flashlight in bed to look at books trick. I handed him a flash light, and told him that he needed to be quiet. He said, ‘Yeah, I know dad.’ I then told him he needed to keep the light out of His Brothers eyes. Pointing at his comforter, he said, ‘Yep dad, I’m headed under there.’

He got up in bed with his book, pulled his comforter over his head and started to ‘read’. It looked right out of the movies. Sure wish I had a movie camera. A picture‘ll have to do.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home