To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006
On that day:

Another Essay

Here is the last essay I wrote for English 121 this year. Since we will soon be in '07, I thought it was appropriate to post something that might tempt a few people to commit to seeking professional counseling for their alcohol addiction in the coming year.

If you promise to cut back in '07 and you can't follow through, it's a good bet your an alcoholic. At the very least you have a drinking problem and should seriously evaluate your drinking behavior.

To those of you who think you might have a drinking problem, but are afraid to quit 'cause you can't imagine life without alcohol, I have a couple words of advice. First, life on this side is unimaginably better. It is difficult at times. Very hard. As a non practicing alcoholic, though, I have decided that I want me in control not the alcohol, and life is better for it. Secondly, do it now, it only gets worse from here.

It makes for a long post so I moved it back to 1997 to symbolize when I quit drinking. I encourage you to click here: Another essay.

If you missed it, here is the first.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting, Jer.
I'd like to make a copy and send to a friend. I hope that is OK with you.

mary

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jer said...

Please do! Make sure you check out the other essay I wrote too. If you look on the right up towards the top you can find links to a couple other posts I have written about alcoholism as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home