Blizzard of 2006
| Sometime Tuesday, late at night, it started. And it didn't stop until Thursday around noon. Not a peaceful snow, full of grace. Oh no, it was a snow with purpose behind it; the purpose of snowing in any who live in its path. And it succeeded. We (our state) have thousands of people stranded in DIA still (one of which is our great friend), a pregnant woman who went into labor had to be lifted out of her house with a front end loader, the National Guard had to come rescue many people stuck in their cars in the middle of a major highway, and four of my coworkers were forced to stay in other peoples' homes. One enjoyable consequence is that I just enjoyed my very first snow day ever in the 6 years that I've been with the animal hospital. While I sat inside and stayed warm, all four of my boys went out to play (Hubby, HL, AW, and the dog). Hubby was as, if not more, excited than both boys put together. He loves this stuff. He spent three to four hours out there shoveling so we could get out of our driveway. I was feeling bad that I wasn't able to help him (we only have one shovel- only need one shovel ever), until I realized that he wasn't working at shoveling so much as he was building a snow fort! Here are a few shots from today: You can't really tell in this picture, but between me and the For Sale sign is a huge drift. Getting bundled to go play. He asked almost non-stop to go outside during the blizzard. Hard at "work" building a fort. Actually, in this picture HL is refining the gunport that Daddy created. After all, what good is a fort without access to your enemies? Here's the dog, scoring a nice of snack of walnuts. The very walnuts that our youngest tossed out for the hungry squirrels. That's okay, AW didn't mind throwing out more. Not one bit. And the aftermath. |








2 Comments:
It has been for colder than usual for us here in California, but I can't imagine what it must be like for you guys over there! Must be fun playing in the snow though. :)
Looks like a fun storm for kids and dogs. I love that part. We usually get several storms like that in a year. (This year is freakishly warm) Fortunately, we have a snowblower and bobcat to move most of the snow in normal years, plus our town plows our driveway (very cool!). We are now glad we did not plan a trip to CO. We knew we would miss all of our friends and family, but are now greatful that we did not try to go... Have a great holiday and new year's! A&S
Post a Comment
<< Home