To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Thursday, February 01, 2007
On that day:

The problem with school (UPDATED)


We have been trying to make it a point to talk about the days events during dinner, and it's usually a struggle to coax anything out of Our Eldest. With some heavy prodding we eventually get an answer.
Not the other night though.... Since Mom was not home, I fixed them some quesadillas for dinner and left them to their own devices while I continued to work on line. Soon, Our Youngest began to raise his voice. "No germs in my quesadilla! No germs in my quesadilla! No, not germs in my mouth...." I rose to see what the issue was, all the while Our Youngest continued to protest. He was quite agitated and refused to eat his dinner. No matter what, I couldn't get him to take another bite of his quesadilla. He just kept yelling "No, no germs in quesadilla." It took some work just to calm him down enough to eat some fruit snacks.

It turns out, of course, that Our Eldest is learning about germs in pre school this week. He was simply entertaining his younger brother with horror stories about germs. Fine time for Our Eldest to start speaking up about what he's learned in school...



UPDATE: So this germ thing might just work out. Last night Our Youngest and I took a shower. The kids like to plug the tub so it fills with water while they play. One of Our Youngest's favorite things to do with that dirty bathwater? Drink it. Yuck! Well, last night instead of yelling no, I told him the water had germs in it. Worked like a charm!

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, I developed my slight paranoia regarding germs while teaching preschool! It is a germy place, but I had no idea of the potential trauma we teachers were causing in the homes of our students!
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home