black shirt
| HL was telling me the other day that he didn’t want a black shirt, because.… “Did you know, mommy, that light colors reflect the sun and dark colors soak it up? So if I wear black, I might get too hot.” I swear, this boy soaks up science info like a little sponge! I think science might just be the ticket to get him interested in real life again (as opposed to computers, I mean). I am very excited for him to start kindergarten and get to experience even more science… |


2 Comments:
HL reminds me a lot of Michael! Has to be done perfect and right the first time, or gets really frustrated and thinks he is dumb. When in fact he is exceptionally bright. It is neat to hear how well your kids are doing. I hate to admit it, but I find myself comparing HL and Sophia since they are only 3 days apart. And although I think my kid is unbelievably bright, I am amazed at how well HL is doing. I also have to remind myself that she is my third. And I am certainly not doing with her what I did with my first. The cut off date here for kindergarten is June 1st, but we are sending the kids to Tony's school next year and we are having her tested in. It would be interesting that if we didn't test her in, she and HL would be a year apart in grade, but only 3 days apart in age.
Wow! Cool. I was trying to explain that very concept to my 6-year-old today when he picked out a black T-shirt to wear outside in the 82-degree heat. Hope he picked that one up...HL sounds like a quick learner!
Post a Comment
<< Home