To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007
On that day:

Dropped Call Commercial

Has anyone seen those cell phone commercials where one person asks a crucial question and is met by silence- even though the cell phone talker is blabbing away?

I personally got to experience one of those the other day. It went like this:

My sister (cell phone) and I (home phone) were chatting away; discussing a recent trip, talking about Harry Potter, etc. We can hear each other just fine, there are no issues with reception at all.

Then, I pose this to her:

"Hubby and I are finally going to actually create a will. Because it's been so long since we originally asked you, we would like to ask again if you would be able to care for our boys in the event we both die."

Silence.

Not a word from my sister.

"Oh man, my request is met by silence. Is it that bad? Have you been trying to find a way out of this? Are the kids that terrible when we're not around?!?"

It's funny, because in my head I know full well that my sister would love to take my boys. But then this little voice could be heard in my head, speaking a trail of doubt. I started to feel the same twinge of panic that is experienced on the commercials. And, even though it only lasted a total of maybe a minute, the longer the silence persisted, the more worried I became!

Of course, she called me right back from a different position and clarified that yes, indeed, she would love to care for my boys.

Phew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home