Early morning weakness
It's 5 am when I hear my sons' door close, followed by my youngest's shout: "isn't everybody awake?" He just recently, three nights ago, moved out of the crib and into a big boy bed. He has never been out and about with the house so quiet. I'm sure this is a disconcerting feeling. He found his way to my bedside where he asked if he could climb in with me. In a moment of totally exhausted weakness, I tell him yes... ...and immediately my practical side screams "What have you done?!?!" In one split second, I have taught my son that he can crawl out of bed at any hour and climb into the warmth of mommy's. I have just set myself up for hours, nights, probably even months of retraining him to stay in his own bed. But then he snuggles right up to me, his head on my chest. He smells of tear-free shampoo, sleep, and little-boy sweat. I bury my nose in his hair and revel in his sweetness. And I am suddenly so very thankful for my weakness. |



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home