To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Saturday, September 01, 2007
On that day:

Miscarriage Journal Entry

Still no miscarriage. When Dr B said I could choose between surgery or letting nature take its course, I chose nature. I chose nature because that is what I did for my third miscarriage and I miscarried the very next day. That was one day shy of 13 weeks. I figured the same thing would happen this time. I was wrong. Now I wonder if the baby on my third miscarriage died at 10 weeks also, but we just didn't find out until 12 weeks. Ugh.

Almost every morning, I wake up and there is blood. I steel myself for what surely will come that day. But it never does. I truly hate that I am now "hoping for a miscarriage". It's twisted. It should not be this way. I guess it is a definite downside to advancing technology- I think it might be easier to never know that your baby was dead, to just miscarry one day, out of the blue. Not that a miscarriage is ever easy- that is not what I'm saying. It's just that then you can actually grieve all at once, get it all out. Be done with it.

I am also finding that my mind is trying to play mind games with me. Every once in a while the thought creeps up: "what if they were wrong? What if the baby really is still alive?" I quickly squash the thought with my memory of the ultrasound image. The solid white, very distinct little head and body; the complete absence of any heartbeat. And so I know it is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home