To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.
If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim,
visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.
Click!
Just got back from a stroll at the park. While there, HL asked if he could take a picture of the rest of us (Me, Hubby, and AW). Normally, I would answer without hesitation and hand HL my little Kodak with an LED screen. It's cheap, it's easy to use, and I definitely want to encourage him to like photography. However, today I only had my nice, expensive, heavy Canon with no ability to use the screen when shooting pictures. But still, I relented and handed over my camera. After a quick little lesson in where to look and what button to push, I went to sit on the bench as he instructed.
Click.
Then, click again.
Click, click, click, click- in quick succession.
"Just two more, okay?" HL asks.
Click, click.
"Okay, just one more..."
Click.
Yep. Just like his ol' ma- snapping pictures left and right.
From our side of the lens, it did not look promising. It looked as though he was taking a picture of our waists. I was surprised to find that every picture he took was well centered. No heads cut off, and all three of us were in every shot!
Here is the best one of that bunch:

Apparently, he enjoyed taking pics because he kept my camera and turned his attention to all the birds in the lake. Again, here is my favorite of those pictures:

Then, I was instructed to pose in front of the lake for a picture of just me:
To finish off the shots at that location, HL took a picture of his parents...
 He shot a bunch more shots of plants and such, and every one of them was done well. I was impressed.
Oh, I am just absolutely tickled pink that he enjoys photography! Now I have a buddy for all my outdoor photo expeditions!
My only regret is that I did not have my Kodak camera so that I could get a picture of my young son with a great big camera covering his face, his little fingers barely able to reach the button!
(all pictures shown are exactly as HL took them- no editing or cropping was done.) |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home