Church Search
| My search for a church continues... the boys and I attended the last one I mentioned for several Sundays. The boys LOVE it there, but I found myself wanting more. I do really like their pastor, but the services consist of 30 minutes of singing, the offering, and an hour long sermon (very GOOD ones), but where was the praying, and songs after the sermon. Where was the blessing at the close of service? Hubby and I tried the church where the boys have their Ranger programs, but it just wasn't us. Now I am on to an Evangelical Free Church. Now this one feels close to home for me. In fact, the first time I went, I experienced quite a moving hour that sometimes brought me to tears of joy. I was just filled with such happiness and peace. This feeling I describe is exactly what I have been wanting. But, I still find myself wondering if it is the church for our family. It's awfully big, and the kids have their own little services, while the adults have their own (the kids can, of course, join the parents but when they have so much fun, why would they?). And AW doesn't like this one nearly as much as the Wesleyan church, so it's harder to get him excited about it (which, with a three year old is a pretty big issue!). But on the other hand, this church offers endless opportunities for meeting people, including a really neat program to help you figure out and develop your own personal ministry style. Plus they have an incredible children's program. All these issues have me vacillating between pros and cons. Which then leads me to wonder "Should choosing a church be such a scientific endeavor?" (Okay, has anyone picked up on the frustrating personality trait I have of over-analyzing everything?!? It's true, I do. I know many of you are shocked.) Perhaps this is a lesson for me to just be quiet and listen to my heart. Which means I have to be patient. Two difficult, but needed, lessons for me... |


1 Comments:
In my mind faith and church/religion are by definition NOT scientific. Follow your heart. My advice is attend a church that moves you and makes you feel peaceful. Who says you have to attend only one church?
Post a Comment
<< Home