To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Monday, September 29, 2008
On that day:

Global Warming

A friend of mine was concerned that the children's pastor at a church we visit made irrelevant comments about global warming on Sunday. So, I asked HL if it was true. He couldn't remember what was said, but did recall the subject being brought up. This sparked a conversation, and I quizzed him a little to see what he new of the subject...

When asked what global warming is, he responded that "it is the earth getting h-o-t."

"And do you know what is causing it?", I asked

"That all our trees are being cut down, the absence of clouds and the buildup of greenhouse gases."

I was speechless. Never did I expect my 6 year old son to offer such an explanation.

Where does he get this stuff?!?


Update: He tells me that he learned on a Discovery channel show. Yes, he watches TV, but things like this allow me to justify it! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home