To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
On that day:

Super Fantastic!

When asked how his day at preschool was, AW's usual response is "SUPER FANTASTIC", "WICKED AWESOME", or some other similar sentiment. You don't get any "fines", or "okays" out of this boy. This is one of the things I love so about him- he is most often very jubilant, he truly loves life.


Some examples:

A week or two ago, we took the boys to a free rock and mineral show at the local senior center. To us adults, it was interesting, but there really wasn't that much there. AW, however, had this to say: "Daddy, that rock show sure was great!"

At the end of the movie "Evan Almighty", the command is given to "do the dance"- AW had me dancing for a good 25 mins.

Just going to the store with him is often uplifting. I can honestly say that shopping is NOT something I enjoy, but with AW along, we end up pretending all sorts of things, and he is just tickled to be able to help me pick out food or scan our purchases.


A day doesn't go by that I don't envy his exuberance and energy in life. I am thankful that I at least get to experience it vicariously through him.

Of course, while I so love this energy, it also totally wears me out by the end of each day. I just can't keep up with this little kid of mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home