To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
On that day:

The Belly

Yay!! We're in the Third Trimester!!! In fact, I only have 11 weeks to go- that is, IF we go to the due date.

While this has been a rather difficult pregnancy for me physically, the boys' excitement has made it almost like having my first again. They get to feel their brother (yes, BROTHER) move frequently and always jump at the chance! We are all having fun trying to come up with a name for him- even little AW. And AW insists that he will be sharing his big bed with his baby brother. He has plans for all the baby toys and stuffed animals he will keep in there for him!

Ever since 18 weeks or so, I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions. However, for the last week, they have greatly increased in their frequency. I sometimes will even have three or four in one hour- while resting. I don't know if this means anything or not...

George, as Hubby jokingly calls him, is a VERY active little boy. I remember having to worry about HL while pregnant because he moved so little, and AW was also an active kid, but it sure seems like this one beats them both together. And, he is sitting extremely low, which makes for some interesting kicks! So far, he is measuring just right for his due date of Feb 26, 2009. He appears to be cooking just fine in there.

It's me that is struggling... even before I got pregnant, I had awful pain in my hips. I scheduled a visit with the Ortho specialist, but had to wait four weeks to get in and by the time I saw him, I was with child. So, I was left with only a guessed diagnosis (as XRays were out of the question) of bursitis in both hips. And the treatment plan I received was even worse- essentially I was told that I just have to deal with it. Oh wait- I can use acetaminophen. Laughable! Honestly though, my hips have good days and bad days and I can (mostly) deal with it fine. It's the fact that I can't exercise that is killing me. I feel just so, you know, yucky from lack of walking, etc. But I know that I will be able to make up for it someday. And what I get in return is just so wonderful that it is definitely all worth it!

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful and excited that things are going well for! I'm sorry I have missed the last get together, and the one coming up. I would love to hear about the realization that "it's a boy". I can only imagine the boys' excitement and anticipation. Watch AW for the "middle child syndrome". What helps sometimes with Emma is we remind her she is the only one that is a little sister, AND a big sister. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! Tell everyone I said "HI!" on Saturday! Love, Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home