To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Thursday, December 25, 2008
On that day:

HL gives to his brother

On Tuesday, HL had a bit of a surprise for us; last week he had mentioned that he found the perfect gift for his brother in the catalog and wanted to buy it with his own money. We didn't think anything of it, figured he would forget it by the time we went shopping. However, come Tuesday morning, as we were still in laying in bed, we heard a loud crash of the piggy-bank-type. HL was trying to get into his bank to gather money for his brother's gift and accidentally dropped it. He found $10.50, enough to cover the $9-something gift he wanted to purchase. We went to Walmart later that day, but they didn't have that particular item. I told HL, as we searched for a replacement, that I would help him cover the difference on a more expensive toy. Nothing doing. He found several items his brother would enjoy, but would mutter "that one is ($10.87)- I don't have enough." I continued to insist that I would give him the mere dollar he required, but he absolutely refused. He finally decided on a gift that cost $9.88- one that AW, incidentally, loves!

This whole scenario really touched my heart. What a sweet, sweet thing for a six year old to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home