To view this blog as it is meant to be seen,

Get Firefox!

Hey, need a .com? How 'bout a .net, .org, or even .name?
Check out Domainsecure.com today!
Search here for the lowest prices around.

Search: 

Word of the Day

If you are searching for my writings on alcoholisim, visit the links found on the right sidebar under the heading Alcoholism.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008
On that day:

Teeny little baby scare

Called the Dr's office with a small concern of mine this morning. The triage nurse asked me to come right in- better safe than sorry. Results of an exam and an ultrasound convinced the Dr that I am not heading into preterm labor as feared. PHEW!

However, we did discover that the amniotic fluid is a bit low and will need to be watched. To help increase the fluid, I am to drink more water and soak in a warm, full tub for 30 minutes every day. Yeah, right. But then again, it will be nice to have a reason to slow and relax... Another discovery of the day is that the baby is a bit big at an estimated 4 pounds already! At 30 weeks, the common weight for the fetus is not quite three pounds. Guess I'm baking myself another 9 pounder!

Talked to my RN niece who, by the way, is also pregnant and is only 3 weeks behind me, and she said "I suspect you are not going to go the full 40 weeks." I have the same feeling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home